Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Vision Testing

Charlie Collins:

As one who is visually impaired I am very familiar with struggling with my initial thoughts. Are you having doubts or questions about your vision? Can’t do more of the things you used to handle easily? Not sure what, if anything, you can do? I remember having all these thoughts when I was diagnosed with Juvenile Macular Degeneration. If you are struggling and looking for some answers try these everyday living questions.


Do you find it difficult for you to watch sports or the news, your favorite “soaps” on TV?

Can you see the regular print in newspapers, magazines or books?

Can you see the large print headlines in the newspaper?

Are you having difficulty when you use your computer, play cards, sew, or doing other favorite things?

Are you having difficulty reading labels on medicine bottles or prices at the supermarket?

Are you having difficulty reading your own handwriting or your personal mail?

Are you sometimes even having difficulty recognizing the faces of family or friends?

Does seeing in dim or bright lights seem to be getting more difficult?



If you answered yes to three of these questions and have not had an eye exam recently I advise
you to do so as soon as possible. Your problems may not be serious and you may only need a minor adjustment to your normal vision.

If you answered yes to more than three of these questions there is a definite need for a vision examination conducted by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.

You are not alone in your doubts, perhaps even fears, about these questions. I personally know there are many ways to solve whatever problems you may be experiencing. My staff and I can help with advice or with the vision aids we deal with every day. Please call me or send me an e-mail today. I have been where you are so I know the way out.

0 comments: