Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas from Charlie Collins!

12-23-2009 –
I am more grateful than ever this Christmas season and it is not Christmas day. Funny for years how I believed that somehow, someday, things would be better on their own and all along all I needed to do was sit back and realize how good I have it.
Living with legal blindness owned me for years, but now (the only time I have) I am deeply grateful. I took charge of my life and now am happy, joyous, and free.

I wish for all a happy and successful Holiday Season. This could be the time to take complete control, 100% responsibility for our lives and be grateful for our blessings.

Making a decision to focus on what I can do, and not what I cannot do or did not have made a huge difference in my life.

Yes, I can read with a video magnifier, better lighting, pocket magnifier, a computer that reads to me and displays very large print, a camera that takes a picture of my magazines – actually any printed materials - and reads them back to me in a human sounding voice, and best of all many low tech items that enable me to live a much higher quality of life.

I am grateful for all the wonderful people in my life, for my clear mind’s eye, and the inspiration I get on a daily basis to help others with their struggles.

We are all blessed. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in the store.

Charlie Collins

0 comments: